“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” So wrote writer Elbert Hubbard. It’s true … and perfectly apt for this week with its Friendship Day (Monday 30th July).
We see plenty of friends join our gyms together. There are fantastic reasons to as it means both encourage each other to go, and push each other to achieve more when they’re there – and so get fitter when training side by side. Plus it’s more fun! That’s on the way, during and afterwards as you warm down together.
Other reasons why it’s a great idea to pair up for the gym:
- Friends can be trusted, and that means when you arrange to meet for a gym session they’re most likely to stick to it. So it raises commitment and dedication.
- Friends will likely teach you new training exercises and methods.
- Some exercises are for two! That includes such as taking turns to do reps and medicine ball passes. It’s even more fun this way!
- Training with a mate who you see as fitter than you will boost your own training.
- They will give you honest appraisals…!
- There’s someone else (as well as our staff) with who you can celebrate your achievements!
Our gyms offer two great studios with access to more than 30 exciting free classes, more than 150 pieces of equipment and free weights, personal trainers, a dedicated female area, stretch-and-strength zone, and are open 24 hours/7 days a week with free car parking.
We also see plenty of our gym visitors make new friends, not least with our staff at the gyms! They are the ideal place to getting chatting with someone, and turn that stranger into a mate.
So come soon, and we’ll all get to know each other.