It’s June and, in theory at least, that means – here comes the summer!
And who doesn’t want to look their best when the sun shines? Or when we’re lucky enough to sunbathe on a beach or around the pool on holiday?
But there’s one thing that plagues many people, especially as we get older: the dreaded cellulite. Cellulite is when the skin has a lumpy dimpled appearance, much like an orange peel.
It most commonly affects the buttocks and thighs, but can also appear in other areas such as the chest. It’s caused by fat deposits pushing through the connective tissue beneath the skin’s surface.
So, how do you reduce cellulite? Here are our top tips:
- Have a cold shower! It’s great for boosting circulation. But if you can’t face having one, try cold showering directly anywhere where cellulite is.
- Cellulite is often caused by toxins from eating an unhealthy diet that slows down circulation. So eat well, especially plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables as they contain the most antioxidants to help our bodies get rid of toxins.
- Don’t eat such as cheese, biscuits, cakes and many meats as well as sugar because they are full of bad stuff that can cause too many toxins. For a similar reason, quit smoking.
- A build-up of fluid can cause cellulite, so drink plenty of water. Avoid coffee, tea, cola and alcohol as these drinks can possibly affect oxygen and nutrients reaching our skin tissue.
- Exercise won’t clear cellulite, but it will help get your blood flowing and tone up everything – as well as helping you to lose weight and that will help clear cellulite.
Our exercise bikes and treadmills are perfect cellulite and weight-busters as well as an ideal way to tone up muscles. We hope to see you soon!