We wish you all the very best for 2018 – may you have a year beyond your wildest dreams!
Now is the ideal time to give yourself a great health boost – and go for a Dry January.
Dry January is Alcohol Concern’s campaign in which the national charity – working to reduce alcohol harm in the UK – encourages people to give themselves a chance to ditch hangovers, lose weight, and save some money by giving up booze for 31 days. There’s even a Dry January App to help you out.
Consider that alcohol is the UK’s biggest risk factor for death, ill-health and disability for people aged 15-49. If that’s not enough to convince you that a booze break is a positive thing, here are other reasons for taking part in Dry January.
- Reset your relationship with booze – that life is fun without it.
- You’ll likely lose some weight.
- You’ll be financially richer too – the average person spends £50,000 on booze in their lifetime!
- Your complexion will improve.
- You’ll do your insides a favour by giving them a break from processing alcohol.
- Your sleep will be deeper and so much better for you. So you’ll have more energy.
- You’ll feel great for achieving your goal of no alcohol for the month.
And you’ll be even better when you get to the gym for some training! See you soon.